Thread: Unlikely store for bats and gear

Default Unlikely store for bats and gear

I saw a 2016 Adidas X1 31/28 at a local Marshalls for $30. They seem to have some baseball stuff lately. I picked up Nike Swingman batting gloves for $11. I've seen catcher's gear, helmets, baseball pants, etc... The bat was on a top shelf and could barely be seen. It felt a little too end loaded for my son, but I'm still thinking about stopping back in to buy it. Reviews seem pretty good, but some say it has more vibration than other one piece alloys. It also has a shorter barrel.

Marshalls also carries other big brand sports stuff like basketballs, soccer balls, etc... Depends on the individual store I guess.

yes - thanks for the reminder

I recall a Marshall's in our area with Nike bats a few years ago - including high-end composites for low $

if you are concerned with sting / vibration -

if your kid can use composite when he moves to -3 BBCOR - I recommend two piece composite

CAT6 or 7 might have less or no sting / vibration compared to other one piece alloy bats - ? - but will not swing as light as some other 31/28 bats ... could be a consideration for your kid (given size)

If my son plays Middle School ball next year, I like the LS Solo 617 and the Demarini Voodoo One balanced. I saw them in a store and they feel like they are very light swinging. Compared them to the CAT 7 and both feel more balanced. Both come in 30/27 also. Mostly good reviews. The 2 piece composites are $$$ unless I will be able to find something used. Still like the S1 and will look for one when ready.

My son is doing well with his -8's so far in his first Babe Ruth season. The Mizuno Generation and Easton XL2, both 30/22. He's had some nice hits! The XL2 is more end loaded and the Generation is very balanced, so he has a choice depending on the pitcher. His XL3 is a 31/21 and he cannot handle it yet, maybe for Fall Ball. Thanks for all the advice Tom!

Worth taking a look if you are there but Marshals is also full of counterfeit items. Caveat Emptor.

This is true.

Meant to say counterfeit and defective.

the polo shirts we get at Marshall's have a man riding a donkey

polo players ride donkeys in some countries - correct ?