Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 56 of 56

Thread: What BBCOR bats are you seeing used?

  1. #51

    Default

    My son's team is mostly Z core and Quatro (noticed not a single post here mentioned the glow stick). The rest are LS, Velo, Mako 5150.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    105

    Default

    How is the glow stick - performance, durability, balanced, end loaded etc... son doesn't have to use BBCOR yet but played up for fall and used BBCOR - the LS 917 and 918 seemed to be the best performing bat over all. My son used a old gray Omen I picked up used for him and hit some hard shots with it. I wasn't impressed with the Marucci CAT 6 or CAT 7 I saw being used other than sounding good in the cage. Comes down to the hitter mostly - find the ball with the barrel and they all seem relatively close. Just the glow stick some reviews and opinions I have read say it's "hot" for a BBCOR bat.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pthawaii View Post
    My son's team is mostly Z core and Quatro (noticed not a single post here mentioned the glow stick). The rest are LS, Velo, Mako 5150.

    Saw a couple kids on opposing team using the 'glow stick' during the past year or so

    No kids on our teams though

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sbrw View Post
    How is the glow stick - performance, durability, balanced, end loaded etc... son doesn't have to use BBCOR yet but played up for fall and used BBCOR - the LS 917 and 918 seemed to be the best performing bat over all. My son used a old gray Omen I picked up used for him and hit some hard shots with it. I wasn't impressed with the Marucci CAT 6 or CAT 7 I saw being used other than sounding good in the cage. Comes down to the hitter mostly - find the ball with the barrel and they all seem relatively close. Just the glow stick some reviews and opinions I have read say it's "hot" for a BBCOR bat.
    Couple kids on our teams used LS 916 / 917

    kids on opposing teams also

    must swing light - some said similar to S1

    916 / 917 barrel (length) appeared to be relatively small
    Last edited by tom2p; 12-27-2017 at 05:45 PM.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    322

    Default

    Have to tell you, I love the look of the Marucci Posey Pro Metal and the SSK Clone. Anyone ever use these?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    3,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dropabunt View Post
    Have to tell you, I love the look of the Marucci Posey Pro Metal and the SSK Clone. Anyone ever use these?
    I believe the Posey 28 alloy BBCOR model is basically a CAT 7 ; if so this would be a top alloy one-piece bat primarily for older / more accomplished / more experienced player

    CAT 7 is similar to CAT 6 - but CAT 7 has longer barrel ( and swings a bit heavier than CAT 6 )
    Last edited by tom2p; 12-29-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •