Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What BBCOR bats are you seeing used?

My son's team is mostly Z core and Quatro (noticed not a single post here mentioned the glow stick). The rest are LS, Velo, Mako 5150.

How is the glow stick - performance, durability, balanced, end loaded etc... son doesn't have to use BBCOR yet but played up for fall and used BBCOR - the LS 917 and 918 seemed to be the best performing bat over all. My son used a old gray Omen I picked up used for him and hit some hard shots with it. I wasn't impressed with the Marucci CAT 6 or CAT 7 I saw being used other than sounding good in the cage. Comes down to the hitter mostly - find the ball with the barrel and they all seem relatively close. Just the glow stick some reviews and opinions I have read say it's "hot" for a BBCOR bat.

Quote Originally Posted by pthawaii View Post
    My son's team is mostly Z core and Quatro (noticed not a single post here mentioned the glow stick). The rest are LS, Velo, Mako 5150.

Saw a couple kids on opposing team using the 'glow stick' during the past year or so

No kids on our teams though

Quote Originally Posted by sbrw View Post
    How is the glow stick - performance, durability, balanced, end loaded etc... son doesn't have to use BBCOR yet but played up for fall and used BBCOR - the LS 917 and 918 seemed to be the best performing bat over all. My son used a old gray Omen I picked up used for him and hit some hard shots with it. I wasn't impressed with the Marucci CAT 6 or CAT 7 I saw being used other than sounding good in the cage. Comes down to the hitter mostly - find the ball with the barrel and they all seem relatively close. Just the glow stick some reviews and opinions I have read say it's "hot" for a BBCOR bat.
    Couple kids on our teams used LS 916 / 917

kids on opposing teams also

must swing light - some said similar to S1

916 / 917 barrel (length) appeared to be relatively small
    Last edited by tom2p; 12-27-2017 at 05:45 PM.

Have to tell you, I love the look of the Marucci Posey Pro Metal and the SSK Clone. Anyone ever use these?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dropabunt View Post
    Have to tell you, I love the look of the Marucci Posey Pro Metal and the SSK Clone. Anyone ever use these?
    I believe the Posey 28 alloy BBCOR model is basically a CAT 7 ; if so this would be a top alloy one-piece bat primarily for older / more accomplished / more experienced player

CAT 7 is similar to CAT 6 - but CAT 7 has longer barrel ( and swings a bit heavier than CAT 6 )
    Last edited by tom2p; 12-29-2017 at 03:35 AM.