Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BBCOR Recommendations

So after a few more weeks to end the season, rather than the absolute "lightest" bat, I think my son can handle a little more weight if it of advantage. For example, if a bbcor is slightly heavier swinging, but has a much bigger sweet spot, then it may be worth it. Any suggestions?

As of now, I am considering an S1, Mako, or possibly a Combat. My son just finished his season. He hated his -5 Velo, he really liked his -5 Combat G3, and in his last tournament hit well with a teammates -5 VL3 (all orange).

I am looking for a good choice to train in the winter and to use next spring since I know prices are coming down.

Marucci Cat 6 is a good one to try

Ok. A couple years ago our team bought a Cat 5 and I was not impressed with it. It seemed end-loaded and not much pop. Again, that was a couple years ago when my son was 11 though.

Bolts - that kid carried Brendan Rodgers !

lol

That dude looks like he could hit with anything lol.

I see some of the Mako's down under $200 now and the Torq around $160. Not sure if they are worth it or not. I am watching prices drop in hopes to find a good fit bat for a good price.

So far:

Mako
    S1
    Cat6
    Omaha515

I am hoping to get the right combo of good swing, sweetspot, and performance (understanding that bbcor levels everything out).

My son has liked both the Maxum BBCOR and Prime 915. I would like to get him an aluminum BBCOR for the colder months, have been looking at the 515 or CAT 6, seem like good affordable options.

Anyone know of the difference between the Cat 5 squared and the Cat 6?

BBCOR alloy (new) - one good option and possibly the current best value is the LS Assault @ justbats for $80 (includes shipping)

at one time earlier this year they had this bat at $70 - but $80 still a great deal

I believe the Assault is the same bat as the Omaha Balanced BB136 and Omaha 515 - minus cosmetic differences

http://www.justbats.com/mobile/produ...FQ2OaQod0YgH6Q

other one piece alloy options - off the top of my head ...

Rawlings 5150

Easton S3Z

Marucci CAT 6
    Last edited by tom2p; 07-21-2015 at 08:37 PM.

Gotcha. I don't have any specific loyalty to composite vs metal. I normally get my son one of each for different weather, but I may just get one this time. Not sure.

I see the Mako Torq down to like $170 now. I just have concerns about that twisting handle. The Mako is like $200 now, but I am hoping it drops a but more before I make any moves. I am also hoping to get him to swing some demo bats at our local shop, but unfortunately they don't carry all the brands like Marucci.