Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BBCOR Recommendations

I have been pleasantly surprised and satisfied at how well my kid swings and hits with BBCOR bat ; he transitioned quickly

I believe many if not most on this board will experience the same

my kid does not have size ; he might be 5-6 / 5-7 and 115lbs or so

and we were not planning to use -3 BBCOR this season ; were not informed we would play 60/90 BBCOR in one league until just before the start of the season

edit: kid measured @ 5-8 1/2 at Aug physical
    Last edited by tom2p; 08-26-2015 at 05:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djtech2k View Post
    Ok, so the S1 outperforms the Combat? Is that the same for the G3?

How is the Rawlings Trio, RIp-It Air, or the New Combat Maxum? Just curious more than anything. I am all about saving a buck, so last years models are great in my book too!

they are close - but our 31/28 S1 appears to have better pop than our 31/28 B4 Portent

as I stated the S1 is well used ; the B4 Portent is in almost new condition

the B4 Portent does appear to be improving as it has seen more reps

We are playing on a team with 8th grade 13U's. The talent is stacked on this team. They are playing everything from 13U to 16U. The difference between ALL BBCOR bats and Senior league bats is non existent. THEY do NOT compare. OF course that doesn't mean you can't hit with BBCOR. It just means the pop of BBCOR is not even close to senior league bats.

That doesn't mean you can't smoke one with BBCOR. It just means it would have hit it much harder with a senior league bat.

I wouldn't have said any of this 3 months ago. All these kids are swinging both bats and they are all "maturing/mature." I would guess if you compared any of their Senior league hits of 6 months ago to there BBCOR hits of today they would be pretty close.

My point being, I think I am in a unique situation watching this old 13U team play with both bats.

Cal State Fullerton kid just hit his second HR with a 2013 S1

Man! 15 HRs all season and 2 of them today! Nice job Titans!!

So which S1 is the lightest? I am looking for some deals. I am also watching out for combat bbcor just in case. My son loves his G3 drop 5.

Similar situation. Some kids on our 13u team choose to hit with BBCOR to get ready for HS. At first, they didn't hit well at all but after about 10 games the ones using BBCOR (some of them) started to hit again. Line drives not bombs. 25 to 50 foot less distance with the BBCOR and way more ground outs and fly outs.

One thing I noticed our best hitter switched from Mako to 2015 DeMarini Voodoo BBCOR and it made a difference, not huge difference but over about 5 games way more bombs and hits vs. dribblers.

So theres multiple different Easton S1's right? Which on is the one you are saying has a balanced swing?

Quote Originally Posted by djtech2k View Post
    So theres multiple different Easton S1's right? Which on is the one you are saying has a balanced swing?

any BBCOR S1

there are different models (for different years) with a different look - but for the most part they feel and perform the same

very few BBCOR bats - if any - will feel more balanced and swing 'lighter' than the S1

(a couple bats may be close or even lighter - including CF7 - but we have not tried CF7)

Quote Originally Posted by Lampuki22 View Post
    Similar situation. Some kids on our 13u team choose to hit with BBCOR to get ready for HS. At first, they didn't hit well at all but after about 10 games the ones using BBCOR (some of them) started to hit again. Line drives not bombs. 25 to 50 foot less distance with the BBCOR and way more ground outs and fly outs.

One thing I noticed our best hitter switched from Mako to 2015 DeMarini Voodoo BBCOR and it made a difference, not huge difference but over about 5 games way more bombs and hits vs. dribblers.

we have BBCOR Mako and Voodoo

both very good bats

Mako may not live up to all the hype - but is is a very good bat ; easily one of the better BBCOR bats available

Mako does not swing as light as the S1 - nor does it have the barrel size of the XL1 - but it is solid hybrid

Mako swings fairly light - and has a fairly long barrel with a generous sweet spot and very good pop

Mako is a versatile bat that both gap and power hitters will appreciate

Voodoo BBCOR bat is very good ; end loaded but not to the point where it is only an option for power hitters with size